I loved loved loved loved loved this recipe!
I have to be honest baking is not something I am good at or I enjoy. But for these amazingly yummy and healthy chocolate brownies I am quite happy to invest 70 min of my pressure time.
Cooking time: 50 min
FOR THE BROWNIES
- 500g of sweet potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 12 medjool dates
- 6 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 100g of ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- a pinch of salt
- 100g of ground oats
- 6 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
FOR THE ICING
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C (fan).
- Peel the sweet potatoes, cut them into chunks and place into a steamer for about twenty minutes, until they become really soft.
- Remove them and add them to a food processor with the pitted dates.
- Remaining ingredients into a bowl, before mixing in the sweet potato date combination. Stir well.
- Place into a lined baking dish and cook for about forty-five to fifty minutes, until you can pierce the brownie with a fork and bring it out dry.
- While the brownies are cooking make the icing by simply melting all the ingredients together and stirring well, then place in a fridge for 15 to firm up a bit.
- Remove the brownies from the tray and leave to cool completely before icing. Spread the icing on top.
- Cut into desired pieces and enjoy!