Absolutely yummy and so quick to make. Great as a party nibble or for a school snack box;)
20 min preparation time
15 min cooking time
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard (powder)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 tbs butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, 1 beaten, 1 separated
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 170 degree C
- Mix quinoa flour, mustard, flaxseed meal and salt
- Add butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine crumbs
- Stir in the cheese and then mix the egg and egg yolk.
- Press together with your hands to make a coarse dough.
- Place between to sheets of nonstick paper, roll out to a rectangle and trim to 2-3 mm.
- Cut into crackers (3x5cm or so)
- Leaving the crackers on the paper separate them slightly and slide under the baking paper
- Lightly bear the remaining egg white and brush it over the crackers and sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Bake i the preheat oven for 12-15 min, until golden, then let cool on the paper.
- You can serve it with salsa or any other dip or use separately for lunch (snack) boxes.