We are all fans of greens blended in smoothies, but they are also excellent when blended for a soup! This is a very thick but nourishing and light soup that combines so many nutrient-dense greens! Peas are high in fiber at 9g per cup and protein at 8g per cup which makes it a great food for healthy weight control. This soup is full of chlorophyll and rich with important micronutrients such as Vitamin K, manganese, iron, calcium, Vitamin B and Vitamin C. Peas are also high in antioxidants.
10 min preparation time
20 min cooking time
Serves 10 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 head of broccoli, chopped
- 4 kale leaves, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 500 g of baby peas (fresh or frozen)
- 3 cups (750 ml) vegetable broth or vegetable stock
- 1 small handful of fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Wash, prepare, chop and slice vegetables.
- Heat oil in medium size pot and sauté over a low to medium heat the leeks and garlic until translucent.
- Add in the broccoli, kale, and zucchini and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the peas and stock and bring to the boil then turn down the heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Once cooked, use a stick blender and blend the soup to form a smoother texture or leave a little chunky. You can also use a normal blender or chop vegetables into bite size pieces and leave super chunky.
- Add in any fresh herbs for garnish (optional) and serve immediately.