This is my all time favorite dinner recipe. I love it because it literally takes just 20 min and it is so nutritious and delicious. I prepare this recipe even when we have some friends over for a dinner. So far everybody was super positive about it.
10 min prepation time
15 min cooking time
Serves 2 people
- 1tbs of olive oil
- 2 x 150g salmon fillets
- pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup coriander leaves
- 1 tbs freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small or 1 large mango, not overly ripe (1 to 1.5lb )
- 2 just ripe avocados
- ¼ cup minced red onion or spring onion
- 1 chili pepper or chili flakes – (optional)
- you don’t have to use this if you want to make it child friendly or just set aside in the bowl and put it on the table if somebody wants to add it to his salsa.
- 2 limes, juiced (about 4 tbs lime juice)
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Either peel and cut mango flesh from the core stone, then cut into 1cm cubes, or follow the instructions here on . Set aside in a medium bowl
- Line a roasting pan with aluminium foil and thinly spread olive oil onto the foil.
- Coat the salmon fillets with olive oil and lay skin side down on the roasting pan and sprinkle with salt
- Place in the 400°F oven and cook for 10 minutes and begin to prep the other ingredients
- Cut the avocados in half, remove stones, and score the inside with a small knife in a cross hatch pattern then scoop out the pieces
- Add the avocado pieces, red onion, chili, coriander and lime juice to the bowl of cut mango pieces and sprinkle with a little salt. Gently fold the ingredients together.
Serve the salmon fillets with a generous portion of avocado mango salsa.