CHEESE AND LENTILS WEDGES
This is super easy and yummy recipe for a healthy nutritious snack. Great for lunch boxes too! You can make it gluten free easily by replacing the bread crumbs with any gluten free flour. It stays fresh in the fridge up to 3 days or freeze well in air tight container.
- 225 g red lentils- rinsed at thoroughly in cold water
- 450 ml water
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 100g grated cheese
- 1tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 25 g fresh breadcrumbs (if you try to avoid wheat then you can use 1 oz of gluten free flour or Chickpea flower, millet flower, Polenta, or amaranth flour)
- Put lentils into a pan with water. Bring to boil then cover and let simmer for 10-15 min or until liquid is absorbed. Skim off any froth. I do like to simmer about 5 cm of sea wheat like Kombu or Wakame.
- Meanwhile heat the butter ( or any baby friendly oil) in frying pan add onion and fry until soft.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C and lightly grease a 23 cm ( ( in) cake tin. Drain the lentils and the onion and put the in mixing bowl. Add the other ingredients and mix well. Press into the prepared tin and bake about 30 min. Put the fridge. You can eat it for about 3 days.