Yes making food from scratch takes time! But it can also be loads of fun if you willing to face a complete chaos and mess in your kitchen for a bit. Mili loves watching me to cook and I like to believe that it is important for children to learn where the food comes from and that it takes time to prepare it!
So here we are preparing a Cranberry-Vanilla-Power-Bars for Mili’ s lunch box. It feels like it took ages with her:) but really it is only about mixing the ingredients and pressing into baking dish which shouldn’t take longer then 10-15 min. You can keep it in fridge up to 3 days or freeze.
15 minutes preparation time
0 minutes cooking time
Makes 2 bars 5cm x 10cm
- 2 ½ cups slivered almonds (I used unblanched)
- ⅓ cup golden flaxmeal
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- 10 drops pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoon water
- Place almonds, flax, cherries, cranberries and stevia in food processor
- Pulse until well ground, then pulse in water until the mixture begins to form a ball
- Remove from food processor and press into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- Slice into bars and serve