I am a big fan of batch cooking! It really works for me as I either use the left overs for my lunch next day or lunch box for my daughter or I freeze it for the “days in hurry” when my only option to have a healthy food is to “defrost it”.
This recipe is great example of “batch cooking”. Same chicken used ones for dinner and lunch next day with different sides.
Cashew crusted chicken with creamy asparagus
Ingredients for chicken:
- 500 g chicken breasts
- 1.5 cups cashew nuts
- 1 beaten egg
Ingredients for creamy asparagus (2 portions)
- 40 baby asparagus stalks
- 2 cups of sliced white button mushrooms (or any other of your choice)
- brocoli (optional )
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 3-4 tbsp of double cream
- fresh thyme (optional)
- Preheat the over for 170 C.
- Cover the chicken breasts with a beaten egg firstly and then with cashew meal and taste with some salt and pepper.
- On the pan fry each side for about 2 minutes.
- Then move the chicken into the oven for about 10 min.
- Meanwhile stir-fry mushrooms first for about 5 min and then asparagus. Stir together for about another 2 min (add a parboiled broccoli if you wish) and add some crashed garlic continue to stir fry for another 1 min.
- At the end add the double cream and taste with salt and pepper.
MY TIP: Save the chicken left overs and you can use it in your salad next day.