I love these muffins. They are so easy to make and you can freeze them for easy to access healthy snacks or lunchboxes.
15 min preparation time
20 min cooking time
Makes 12 little muffins
- ¾ to 1 cup coconut flour
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup mashed VERY ripe banana (it should be almost liquid when mashed)
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12-count standard muffin tin with paper liners, or grease cups.
- In a small bowl, whisk the coconut flour, salt and baking soda,
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until blended. Whisk in the banana, maple syrup. Add the coconut flour and then the coconut oil; whisk until well-blended. Gently stir in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter equally among the prepared cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean (clean of batter, not blueberry juice). Cool in tin for 10 minutes then remove muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.