10 min preparation time
10 min cooking time
Serves 4 people
- 1 small head of cauliflower, chopped (about 3 heaping cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts
- 2¼ cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons of each: salt, pepper, oregano and basil
- juice of half a lemon or tbsp of white balsamic vinigar
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast or Parmesan
- In a medium-sized pot, cook the olive oil, garlic and pine nuts over medium heat for 3–4 minutes, or until garlic is golden brown.
- Add in the almond milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the cauliflower and spices and cook until cauliflower is soft (about 8 minutes).
- Transfer to a high-powered blender and add in the lemon juice and nutritional yeast and blend on high until smooth.
- Add over your favorite gluten-free pasta or zoodles and top with fresh basil.