This recipe is perfect because it’s super filling, super healthy and the best part is you feel like you’re eating a big bowl of pasta! It’s also incredibly quick and easy to make too (literally under 20 minutes). You may even trick your little ones to eat more veggies!
15 min preparation time
5 min cooking time
Serves 2 people
- 2 medium zucchini (or sweet potato- I made a mixture)
- 1 cup of basil leaves (or coriander or parsley)
- 2 tbsp pine nuts or almonds
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 mozzarella cheese
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- Spiral the zucchini and sprinkle with salt and spread it on a clean tea towel let it rest for about 10 mim.
- Meanwhile prepare your pesto by placing all of the ingredients into a food processor and pulse a several times
- Squeeze the left over of water from your spiralled zucchini
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and put stir fry your zucchini noodles for about 2-3 min.
- Serve it on a plate and top with 2 tbsp of pesto, mozzarella and cherry tomatoes.