Another super quick, delicious and healthy side dish. You can serve it with any meat. I think it goes particularly nicely with a white fish.
TIP: For children present each veggies separately in little groups. Mixed salsas or salads are often too overwhelming for little children and makes the confused about what to eat. Often if they don’t like one veggies in a whole salad they refuse it as a whole package. If you put the veggies separately they can pick and choose what they fancy that day.
10 min preparation time
0 min cooking time
Serves 4 people
- half a can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 little cucambers finelly chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, finelly diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots, from one medium shallot
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 9 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (be sure to zest limes before juicing them)
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 2 Hass avocados, finelly chopped
- Combine all ingredients except for avocados in a large bowl and mix well
- Cover and chill for one hour
- Right before serving, add avocados and mix gently, being careful not to mash avocados
- Garnish with a more chopped cilantro if desired. Serve at room temperature.