Quick and healthy gluten free snack. Stays fresh up to 3 days. They are also delicious from the freezer.
Struggling with new ideas for nutritious but easy to make snacks for you and your little ones? great for lunch boxes too!Super simple banana bread. This takes all together 35 min and stays fresh in the fridge up to 3 days+ freeze well in air tight container or zip back.
15 min preparation time
20 min cooking time
Makes 15 cm loaf
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of flour ( i used the almond flour as I try to be grain free for a while but you can use any flour you prefer)
- 1 and ½ tsp baking powder (or gluten free baking powder)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Blend bananas until smooth.( make sure they are super ripe!)
- In a bowl whisk the eggs, add the flour and baking powder then add the bananas and mix to combine- but don’t overwork the batter, otherwise it will turn out rubbery- I did that my first attempt end it up uneatable!!!!
- Pour into a loaf pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 30 mins or until skewer comes out clean
You can add any of these ingredients to spice it up a bit;)- 1 teaspoon of any nut butter, raisins, nuts, seeds, shredded coconut or 1 tbs of cinnamon.