This is one of my favourite pasta sauces I make on the occasions I need a quick dinner and kids love it! It freezes well so you can make a double portion and store the left overs in air-tight containers for the times life is too busy.
Cooking time time: 15 min
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 can of tuna
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes or 2 kg of fresh tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- olive oil
- black olives (optional)
- basel (optional)
- In a pot, heat oil over medium high heat. Add crashed garlic half the onion, saute until soft and translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and basel season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered on medium heat for about 20 min until thick.
- If sauce still tastes acidic, add some honey or butter, 1 tablespoon at a time to round out the flavors.
- Add the sauce into food processor. Process until smooth.
- While you prepare the sauce in a separate pan heat the oil and add the onion and fry for about 2 min.
- Add the tuna and grated carrot. Saute for another 3-5 min.
- Mix the tuna with the tomato sauce. If you like you can mix in some black sliced olives.