I am not a huge fan of biscuits. They are all too dry for me. If I crave something sweet it is usually something juicy and chocolaty.
Anyway- Emilia loves crunchy dry textures. And she also like baby kind of biscuits which she gets occasionally.
So I decided to make my own biscuits and bake it with Mili. Not only these biscuits are a “different liege” but also we had so much fun making them. Also perfect as a quick nutrition snack both for mummy and baby. AND you can of course freeze it.
Preparation time: 10 min
Baking time: 12 min
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds (linseeds) or you could also use sesame seeds
- 1|4 cup maple sirup or honey
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, macadamia or coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (or gluten free baking powder if you require gluten free)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Blend all the nuts, flax seeds and coconut flakes
- Mix with Almond meal and baking powder and cinnamon add to the mixture
- Mix oil and Honey and add it to the mixture
- Roll into teaspoon sized 0.5 cm pancakes, and place on a greased baking tray with enough room around each biscuit to allow the biscuit to rise and spread.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.